The Sous Chef’s primary job is to work alongside the Chef de Cuisine/Executive Chef to manage the preparation and execution of all restaurant food as well as manage kitchen sanitation, cleanliness, inventory, financial management and scheduling. They will develop and train staff to prepare standardized a la carte and banquet recipes as well as daily specials. The Sous Chef will be responsible for overseeing the entire kitchen whenever the Chef de Cuisine/Executive Chef is not present. Most importantly, the Sous Chef will encourage a positive learning environment for the entire team.
- Broad knowledge of culinary techniques and kitchen and restaurant best practices
- Dependable, punctual, impeccable attendance record
- Accurate, attention to detail, service oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Professional demeanor
- Must be able to work on feet for extended periods
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- 4 to 5 years of culinary experience
For more information, contact us at [email protected]